Alignment Shop Linwood NC
For most people, going to the mechanic is a nerve-wracking experience. The anxiety of going in for something simple only to leave with a dent in your savings is enough to make anyone ignore obvious problems with their car.
That is why we at Perryman’s Alignment and Auto Repair strive to make every experience as enjoyable as possible. We especially encourage you to get your wheels aligned at our shop. It is an affordable and straightforward process.
What Is Wheel Alignment?
Wheel alignment or tire alignment is a simple adjustment of the vehicle’s suspension that helps your tires perform better. The suspension system connects the car to the wheels, so an alignment does not alter the tires themselves.
Wheel alignment ensures that your tires point in the right direction. This guarantees the even and smooth wearing of related parts. Wheel alignment also improves the handling of the vehicle on the road.
And contrary to what most people think, you should not DIY wheel alignment unless you have formal training working with cars.
There are many reasons you need a wheel alignment, and finding the cause is one factor contributing to proper alignment. Therefore, you have better luck going to a professional for alignment.
Do I Need Wheel Alignment?
Even if you do not know a lot about cars, some signs show you need tire alignment. The most common are:
● Your car is pulling sharply in one direction. Often this is a problem with tire pressure. But if it keeps happening even after adjusting tire pressure, it’s a sign that you need alignment. Slight pulling is also a sign, but people barely notice it.
● Premature and uneven tire wearing. If the wear pattern on your front and back tires is not even, then it’s a sign that you need alignment. Also, you may notice some tires wearing faster than others. It can also come with tire squealing.
● Crooked and vibrating steering wheel. The steering wheel may tilt off-center when you are driving. You may also notice vibrating from the steering when you accelerate. This is a sign that you need a wheel alignment.
What Can I Expect During Wheel Alignment?
First, expect to spend an hour or so during a wheel alignment. The time increases depending on the type of vehicle and if you need additional repairs or replacements.
Secondly, expect your mechanic to focus on three main things during the alignment:
● Camber. This is the inward or outward tilt angle of the tires.
● Toe. This is the alignment of the tires per being parallel to each other. The tires can be toe-in or toe-out.
● Caster. This is the steering axis tilt that influences the stability and balance of steering.
As for cost, expect to spend between $50 to $200 on wheel alignment. The price depends on the number of wheels that need alignment, type of car, extra services, and the alignment shop you visit.
Where Can I Get Wheel Alignment Affordably?
Perryman’s Alignment and Auto Repair is the best place in Lexington, NC, to get affordable wheel alignment services.
If you live in Linwood, NC, we encourage you to visit the ‘Barbecue Capital of the World’ for excellent barbecue and affordable alignment services.
We serve all customers and will have you on your way home in no time. Trust us with your vehicle today!